CRCAIH Research Projects
CRCAIH supports three large-scale research projects that address significant areas of health disparities in American Indian populations in the Northern Plains. The projects are initiated and and managed through three different partnering organizations. The research projects are:
- Emergency Department Use and Care in American Indian Children (PI Puumala)
- Culturally-Targeted Education on Living Kidney Donation (PI Fahrenwald)
- Factors Influencing Pediatric Asthma (PI Best)
Pilot Grant Program
The Pilot Grant Program supports pilot projects that align with CRCAIH goals and have a high probability of leading to meaningful results and sustainable solutions. The aims of the pilot grant program are to:
- Fund research teams in North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota. These teams will research significant health issues for AI in those states.
- Create a rigorous independent peer review process. This will help CRCAIH choose high-quality pilot projects that provide useful feedback. It will also help improve the quality of future grant submissions.
Click here for the Pilot Grant Program Cores/Divisions Resources webinar